The Circle U. Secretary General will be selected through an open call. The selection committee consists of the President of Circle U. and two Vice-presidents of other member universities. The Secretary General reports to the President of Circle U.
Role and responsibilities
The day-to-day management is entrusted to the Secretary General. In particular, the Secretary General will:
- assist the President of Circle U.;
- ensure the day-to-day management of Circle U. and direct and supervise, where appropriate, the work of the Monitoring Evaluating and Learning (MEL) Officer and the Treasurer;
- monitor the implementation of Circle U.’s activities in close collaboration with Work Package Coordinators and Networks;
- ensure the approval and quality of the deliverables in close collaboration with the Work Package Coordinators and Networks; escalating, if need be, any doubts about quality/delays/risks to the Management Board
- act as secretary of the General Assembly with no voting power;
- act as secretary of the Management Board with no voting power;
- assist the Chairperson of the Management Board in the execution of the decisions of the Board.