Boost your skills in digital teaching
The University of Vienna offer free online training seminars in various areas of digital teaching. The seminars are in English and German on four dates in September.
The webinars are open to teaching staff and interested colleagues at all Circle U. universities. You can join the webinars without prior registration using the links below. Please remember to indicate your name and university when joining. We look forward to seeing you there!
- 22 September, 09:30-10:00: Fostering Interactivity and Engagement in Remote Teaching (in English)
How to engage and engage with students when teaching remotely? This webinar offers practical tips and didactical background on how to better connect with students and foster interactivity, immersion and engagement among them when teaching remotely.
- 22 September, 14:00-14:30: Get to know Educational Resources (in English)
The webinar focusses on the nature of Open Educational Resources (OER) and discusses their role in higher education teaching. Participants are also invited to learn about ways to use open educational resources and publish OER themselves.
- 23 September, 10:00-10:30: Turned-off cameras again - what now? (in English)
A video conference with students begins, but their cameras stay turned off. What's going on? In this webinar, we’ll work out the reasons why and learn about some methods to keep cameras switched on.
- 29 September, 14:00-14:30: Virtual but still social? (in German)
Social presence in the digital space? What sounds like a contradiction at first doesn't have to be. The feeling of social inclusion can also be realized in video conferences. In this "Let's discuss", you'll find out how you can also achieve this in your course.
- 30 September, 10:00-10:30: How to utilise MOOCs in lecture courses (in German)
Webinar: How can MOOCs be used as an open educational resource in your own teaching? This webinar provides suggestions and examples.