Circle U. launches its Academic Chair Programme
An innovative programme at the heart of Circle U. alliance, designed to ensure strong and sustainable connections across the alliance.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for academics in the alliance. The Academic Chairs are at the beating heart of Circle-U. They will tie our seven universities together and connect Circle U. to society in innovative and meaningful ways. Chairs will dedicate 20% of their working time to the development of activities in Student-Led Sustainable Innovation, Knowledge Hubs, the Open School of Public Governance and the Think and Do Tank. Each university has committed to appoint five Chairs during the initial pilot phase of 2021-2023, bringing together 35 academics in total.
The role of the Academic Chairs is to:
- Develop and lead challenge-based and inter-disciplinary projects across Circle U.
- Link education and research within and across disciplines.
- Engage students to take an active role in knowledge creation and socially-engaged research.
- Represent and champion Circle U. internally, nationally and internationally, as well as with external stakeholders.
- Stimulate new models of academic collaboration and partnership, and share these across Circle U.
Interested in knowing more about the Academic Chairs Programme? Do not hesitate to reach your local university Circle U. contact point.